Mafia-Tactics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» CBT Nuggets Microsoft Office 2010 Outlook 77-884 [2013]
Dubstep no or yeah I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:16 am by zimregin

» Sooooooooo...
Dubstep no or yeah I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:03 am by Frozerow

» Mafia Round 57 - Fire Emblem
Dubstep no or yeah I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm by VICE

» General Mafia Discussion
Dubstep no or yeah I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:06 pm by Killerspong

» Spam Thread
Dubstep no or yeah I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:14 pm by OmgShane

» Akame ga Kill! Manga Review
Dubstep no or yeah I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:05 pm by OmgShane

» Vinland .
Dubstep no or yeah I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm by VICE

» Vagabond .
Dubstep no or yeah I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:36 pm by VICE

» Rate The Song Above You!
Dubstep no or yeah I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:53 am by IssaKaz

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dubstep no or yeah

+2
Gokurules
OmgShane
6 posters

Go down

Do you like Dubstep

Dubstep no or yeah I_vote_lcap40%Dubstep no or yeah I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
Dubstep no or yeah I_vote_lcap20%Dubstep no or yeah I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Dubstep no or yeah I_vote_lcap40%Dubstep no or yeah I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
Dubstep no or yeah I_vote_lcap0%Dubstep no or yeah I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Dubstep no or yeah Empty Dubstep no or yeah

Post by OmgShane Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:41 pm

I know a ton of people that HATE it with a passion, I also know a ton of People that Love it, I would probable fit into the later in someways, I have been listening to techno for a long time, one of my favorite bands ever would be Daft Punk, but I honestly don't like the way this new dubstep is becoming. Skrillex is terrible, and a ton of people judge Dubstep purely by listening to a little of some "Famous" Artist and then just label the whole genre as terrible. I agree with people that the new brostep that the united states has turned dubstep into and is super popular right now is disgusting so here is a poll, Discuss.
OmgShane
OmgShane
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Dubstep no or yeah Empty Re: Dubstep no or yeah

Post by Gokurules Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:55 pm

No not really.
I am not into techno at all really. Sure some songs are not bad in techno. But I could never prefer listening to something like that as opposed to Blues,Jazz,Classical,Rock,Punk,Funk,Metal etc etc.

Dubstep is probably a whole new low. Sounds that a dial up modem used to make are now considered music?
Music requires knowledge and/or talent, when both are lacking how can you label anything like that as a genre?

I am also not fond of the fact that some have the nerve to call themselves, minimalists. Minimalism can be a very interesting genre with great artists such as Wim Mertens, yet you put David Whatshisgayname on the same category with him? That's just rude.
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by VICE Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:06 pm

mac is not an instrument.

To my ears, it sounds like dial up modem...

Anywho I don't listen to dubstep, nor the nowadays techno autotune crap.

It's real music I listen, made by real instruments.
VICE
VICE
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by OmgShane Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Instruments are things made to distort or make sound, basically anything can be classified as music, people just have misconceptions about what it truly is. There was a feud for the longest time about rap not music due to the fact it uses a backtrack and there isn't actually SINGING in it, but saying that is retarded, it takes just the same amount of skill to rhyme lyrics, or play chords, or even using a program to create different sounds.

As for dubstep being minimalists that is insulting and the people calling themselves that are stupid.

As as for Techno period as a whole it has evolved and changed probable the most out of any genre, I know a ton of people think that music is going down the shittier seeing as how its now going towards the easier things to listen to like Pop and even Techno.

Whats even more disgusting is peoples blind hate of a music genre that has changed peoples look in life and inspired people to reach better heights, No one is telling people that they must like Techno or Dubstep, so I can't figure out why people want to call it trash or not even music.

I mean if you look at Daft Punk there music changed a ton of things and were the first huge success for techno, there music was new, it sent a message, and it inspired people to do what they loved, Not only that it built a foundation for even more MUSICIANS to follow them. Besides they made a anime out of there music and that's just bad butt.

Dubstep is the same basic principle as every single music genre out there, not all of dubstep follows that but the good ones do, its a sound for a newer generation, now in no way do I think that people should stop listening to classics or anything else, but honestly, people blindly hate on VICE is a failure :/ they have no idea of what they are talking about at all.

Take for example a sound that inspires someone to stand up against hate and racism, music is made to touch people and it comes in many forms.

Coming towards the end of my rant I will educate you on what dubstep is and how its not tied together, First we come across a remix, a spin on a song that has meaning and gives it flare, its a re imagining that an artist has for another artists work... like

Or maybe its an Original Piece that is a story and has in original meaning like most of Nero's music... like

Or maybe its underground its for a niche group of people and its supposed to be smooth and relaxing.

Then you have mainstream..... nuff said

Overall people should just stop trying to be Musical Elitists... My2cents
OmgShane
OmgShane
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokurules Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:28 pm

To be honest. Mastery over an instrument is much much more difficult than rhyming.

To get a degree in an instrument you usually have to devote 7-15 years practicing it.

My bass teacher who also knows piano/guitar/flute/contrabass/etc just recently got his diploma for classical contrabass and he is in his late 30s and he started playing instruments when he was 15 or something.

In addition, something that makes sounds =/= an instrument.
There is a good amount of reasoning, planning and technicality behind any instrument. Just looks at the inside of a piano. It's remarkable how much work during centuries was put for the instrument to reach that level.

In addition, techno is really not the genre that went through the most stages.

It is by far classical, that has the most subdivisions out there, developed through multiple centuries. Then it's probably rock.

As for themes, I can't really feel anything through dubstep. There is no harmony, no power, no force, no impact. A machine cannot put the same feeling a person can put into it with an instrument he has spent years playing.

I got nothing form the Dubstep violin. One of my favourite instruments. The whole background music did not allow any of it's capturing sound to take over.

Whereas through songs like

Not only the message gets through, you can actually feel the emotions surging through you. Personally my foot won't stop bouncing.

But music rarely needs anything to get you moved. There is no need for a video or lyrics. Vivaldi expressed the beauty of each season with the Four Seasons, only with instruments. Moonlight Sonata of Beethoven does the same for the beauty of the moon.

These men are the reasons any foundation to music exists. Bach is the one who pretty much wrote down any theory there is to music.
Rock artists are also responsible for the evolution of multiple genre and they derived from Blues artists. Techno just inspired more techno related (with slight differences) genre. It's hard to say that it has evolved much.
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by OmgShane Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Techno is very new compared to rock, People get moved by other things, I get moved by classical and dubstep, and some rock. Its the inner feeling people get or want to obtain from the music they are listening to. I hate emo and punk music, I get no feeling from listening to it, but I don't go around shouting that it isn't music and it takes no skill to make, which people do to dubstep none stop. Dubstep is harder to create then people give it credit for.

Dubstep no or yeah Dubstep_03

or something translated into sheet music

Dubstep no or yeah Kaliko

yeah that seems really easy, I bet everyone can do it /sarcasm
OmgShane
OmgShane
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokurules Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 pm

I just see 9 different red nodes.

And it really is a whole different matter how something 'looks' on sheet. A melody that may sound simple and could be simple to play, could look very impressive on sheet. And that piece you have there is honestly nothing.

Also, since I have some experience with 'music' programs that I use to set a drum line to practice on, they are effin ridiculous to work on.

In 2 weeks you can pretty much do anything.

And there is a whole subdivision of musicians dealing with the quality of the sound an instrument produces. The quality of a "Bvvvvvvvvvvttwubwubwubwub" sound does not rank too well. The bass is way up, distortion too, treble is off and etc.

To get moved by the noise a computer, that really does 90% of the work in such genres, takes away the meaning of many things.

Sadly, music can be categorized good/bad no matter how unfair this may sound. This can be done based of simple factors such as difficulty to compose, difficulty to perform, sound quality, how it follows theory and etc.
There are reasons numerous scales exist, where not all notes can be included, why something 'fits' and something does not.

Grunge is a genre that has very high difficulty when it comes to composing. Cobain pretty much made new unique chords that on their own may sound somewhat false (even if they go by theory) but when put together in a specific sequence create a whole new sound.
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerberus Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Eh. People have different tastes. Who am I to call another genre of music bad. Dubstep just doesn't appeal to me =/

Btw
I type in "m e h" and I get this: "Let's have sex Issa."
Wtf is going on ._.

Cerberus
Cerberus
Ok Player

http://charizardspa.tumblr.com/  https://www.youtube.com/Charizar

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozerow Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Let's have sex Issa. Let's have sex Issa. Let's have sex Issa. Let's have sex Issa..... Personaly i have no idea about music. And i mean that i dont know much about the history of a gerne or a band, i dont know how to create music, i dont know and generaly i am not really into it. But i LOVE listening to songs i like. I mostly like rock musik (clasic,alternative) metal etc. But i also love other gernes like house music and modern gernes. I also like orchestral music. It mostly depents on my mood. For example, today i was listenin to blind guardian and 5 min later to akcent. But there are some gerns i really hate, like some greek songs or lady gaga, nikky minaj.
Jurtin bieber etc. So i dont really hate or love dupstep
Frozerow
Frozerow
Ok Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozerow Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:49 pm

TROLOLOLOL.dafuq was that? I typed m e h 4 times and i get lets have sex with issa?!
Frozerow
Frozerow
Ok Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayame Wed May 09, 2012 10:09 pm

DUBSTEPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!! <3
Ayame
Ayame
Weak Player

Back to top Go down