Mafia-Tactics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» CBT Nuggets Microsoft Office 2010 Outlook 77-884 [2013]
How to host a mafia I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:16 am by zimregin

» Sooooooooo...
How to host a mafia I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:03 am by Frozerow

» Mafia Round 57 - Fire Emblem
How to host a mafia I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm by VICE

» General Mafia Discussion
How to host a mafia I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:06 pm by Killerspong

» Spam Thread
How to host a mafia I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:14 pm by OmgShane

» Akame ga Kill! Manga Review
How to host a mafia I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:05 pm by OmgShane

» Vinland .
How to host a mafia I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm by VICE

» Vagabond .
How to host a mafia I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:36 pm by VICE

» Rate The Song Above You!
How to host a mafia I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:53 am by IssaKaz

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How to host a mafia

2 posters

Go down

How to host a mafia Empty How to host a mafia

Post by Voidling Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Hosting a mafia might be complicated for some people so i decided creating this thread will hopefully clear away some confusion if not all.

What is mafia?
In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia. But in this case the kind of mafia that we host there can be more then these kind of Alliances

How do you win?
The game ends either when the last Mafia member is killed or the Mafia members outnumber or equal the town during the day. Depending on the host the winning condition may be different.

What goes first in a scene:

Immunity>Passives > Silence/Reflects > Role Blocks > Investigations (Recruitment)> Protects > Kills

As a host of a round what is your job and the others?
One person is the game's Narrator - they moderate the game, rather than participating. Everyone else is dealt a secret role for each player.

How do you know how much votes are needed in order for a lynch to be activated:
Half the amount of people who are still alive +1.

How to make roles:

[Real Name here],[Insert there title (The title of the role that will appear on the scene)]. [Insert there alliance here]
E.G
Light yagami , God of the new World. You are a member of the Mafia
As the host you may give certain roles ability that can be used during the round usually abilities are for Night actions.

EG.
You may use one skill per night:
-Using light yagami death note you may kill one player( Since you dont know a players role you will have to private message the host what you want to do and what player you want to do it on)
-Protect yourself from night action this night.

( you dont really have to follow this template but it should give you a general idea of how to make a role.

P.S i probably missed a bunch stuff feel free to add on to this guide
Voidling
Voidling
Weak Player

Back to top Go down

How to host a mafia Empty Re: How to host a mafia

Post by Gokurules Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Well I would like to add a few stuff.

Role Making Template :

Making roles can be very tiresome and time consuming. Having a few templates can help you speed up the process. My basic template is like this :

Hey X,
[IMG][/IMG]
You are X , [ b][ /b] and a part of the [ B][COLOR="Lime"]Town[ /COLOR][ /B].You win when all threats are eliminated.

Skills go here.

You are partnered with X(X). You may only discuss Mafia with your Host and your partner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good example would be :
(Remove the gaps [ gap /] )

Hey Gokurules,
How to host a mafia Alucard2
You are Alucard, The Eternal and a part of the Town.You win when all threats are eliminated.

Skills go here.

You are partnered with Seras Victoria(X). You may only discuss Mafia with your Host and your partner.

Balance:

This is probably the most important and painful(for the Host) aspect of a round.

A round is balanced when both sides have the same chances of winning.

This might sound simple but there are reasons that make it tougher to achieve.

A role is basically a set of abilities. No matter what description they give you , you can break it down into simple words.

An example would be :

You are Lucia, An Assassin and a part of the Devil Hunters.You win when all threats are eliminated.

As an assassin , you can never be spotted. You are immune to lynches and to investigations.

In addition you may spy over one target per night , learning all their actions. You can also stab a person so swiftly nobody will know it was you. That target will bleed out after 2 days are over.

If you happen to stumble on Dante (or he on you) he will ignore any actions you used on him and vice-versa and you will be able to contact him. Until then you have no partner.

Once you find Dante you will be able to protect a person each night , but not the same person in a row.

You may only discuss Mafia with your Host. (Actual Role from round 18)

Breaking this down to the simplest form would be:

---------------------------------------
Immunity : Lynches + Investigation
Investigation : Actions
Kill: At the end of the second day
Open Communications : Dante
Protect : If Dante becomes a partner.
----------------------------------------

Now you should get the idea. This role has 2 passives and 2 actives. It also has a 3rd active which can be activated only by doing something specific.
This was an average role in that Round. My advice is to start off with the strongest roles (of Town + Mafia) and then the weakest. Then do the average. But always remember , your strongest role (in normal Mafias ex : 9 Town , 8 Mafia , 3 thirds ) must NEVER be far from an average one.

If you do that , you will know what not to exceed and what not to downgrade. Also , Mafia tends to have less people (usually). It is important that the roles all together are as equally strong as the Town. The loss of 1 member means that you will have to make a few roles stronger , but not too strong , remember who your most powerful role is and don't reach that.

Mafia = Aggressive
It is important that the Mafia side has more killing-related abilities or is more aggressive. That means that you must find a way to distribute abilities so that it is relatively more harmful than the Town, but also not a simple killing side. In fact , you should always include a role with active non-harmful skills , or add some non-harmful skills to roles with harmful skills that have long cooldowns.

Investigation
Investigation is an ability that is used very frequently. It is also an ability that must not be abused. Have 2 investigators max. Also you should include it to roles that are A] Non-harmful B] Need to eliminate specific roles in order to win. C] Without partners

Partners
There is no problem into having lots of partnered teams , as long as there are around the same on the other side and that you do not have too huge teams. You may want to include something like :If you come into contact with X , you will open communications with him" but keep it civil. Too many of those can ruin it.

Lynching
Lynch negation is another skill you should take into account. It is not pleasant when every day ends in a no lynch , especially if that was not the intention. Never have more than 1 unlynchable person and 1 lynch negator , who can only negate A]Every X(2+) days , B]Up to X(1-2) times. There is nothing wrong with having another person who can escape 1 lynch , or someone who simply loses a life. Remember , the day phase is just as important as the night.

Extra Lives
Extra lives are more than welcome , as long as the role is actually able to be killed or the other side A]has extra lives as well | B]Is not easily disposable.

Immunity
You should never add to many immunities. You may have lynch immunity , night action immunity , certain night action immunity (ex : immune on even nights). However , you should never include more than 1 lynch immunity and be very careful if you consider having a night action immunity.

Roleblocks
Also , you should be careful with the amount of Roleblockers. Too many roleblockers or too frequent blockers can ruin a round.

I shall be adding more to this some day.
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down