Mafia-Tactics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» CBT Nuggets Microsoft Office 2010 Outlook 77-884 [2013]
What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:16 am by zimregin

» Sooooooooo...
What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:03 am by Frozerow

» Mafia Round 57 - Fire Emblem
What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm by VICE

» General Mafia Discussion
What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:06 pm by Killerspong

» Spam Thread
What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:14 pm by OmgShane

» Akame ga Kill! Manga Review
What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:05 pm by OmgShane

» Vinland .
What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm by VICE

» Vagabond .
What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:36 pm by VICE

» Rate The Song Above You!
What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:53 am by IssaKaz

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series?

5 posters

Go down

What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? Empty What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series?

Post by IssaKaz Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:06 am

The thread is obvious. Talk about whatever books or book series you have enjoyed.

IssaKaz
IssaKaz
Good Player

Back to top Go down

What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? Empty Re: What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series?

Post by Gokurules Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:56 am

The Inheritance Cycle (Haven't got the chance to read the last one.)
The Lord of the Rings.
The Dragonlance series.

That's all the series I can think of.

As for individual books:

Elric, The Stealer of Souls.
Dante's Inferno
John's Revelations
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down

What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series? Empty Re: What Are Your Favorite Books or Book Series?

Post by OmgShane Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:07 am

I've read all of those books Goku has posted, I would also recommend them. Currently I've enjoyed A Song of Fire and Ice series, The Dark Tower series, ah and I have started to read the Mistborn series, so far I have enjoyed it a ton.

None Fantasy stuff I would have to say my favorite at the moment is any Kurt Vonnegut

I also enjoy some Poe, my favorite work from him is The Pit and the Pendulum.
OmgShane
OmgShane
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokurules Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:24 pm

I like Poe as well. Although, I don't really read poetry. But his short stories are very nice.

I finished reading The Left Hand Of God.

It was a nice read and apparently it will be a trilogy.
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by IssaKaz Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:32 am

I'm horny wrote:The Inheritance Cycle (Haven't got the chance to read the last one.) < Which one? There are a few different Inheritance Cycles.
The Lord of the Rings.< Loved it
The Dragonlance series.< Haven't read it but its on my to read list....its a very very long list

As for individual books:

Elric, The Stealer of Souls.< Checked it out on Amazon seems like a good read...added to list
Dante's Inferno< havent read it in it entirety but its an interesting read
John's Revelations
OmgShane wrote:Currently I've enjoyed A Song of Fire and Ice series,< On book 4 and have loved them(book 4 is so-so at this point. Not as good as the others
The Dark Tower series, < Havent read but I like many of Kings books so ill check it out eventually
ah and I have started to read the Mistborn series, so far I have enjoyed it a ton.< Lol another series on my list

None Fantasy stuff I would have to say my favorite at the moment is any Kurt Vonnegut< Havent read any of his books

I also enjoy some Poe, my favorite work from him is The Pit and the Pendulum.<Same as Go ku(this name thing is pissing me off), dont read much poetry but enjoyed some of his short stories

Current Series I Have Enjoyed:
  • Iron Druid Chronicles
  • Kingmaker,Kingbreaker/Fisherman's Children
  • Cal Leandros Novels
  • The Night Angel Trilogy
  • The Black Knight Chronicles
  • Templar Chronicles
  • The Demon Trilogy
  • Sherlock Holmes Books

[*]Inheritance Cycle(Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and Inheritance)

Current Solo Books/Series With Only 1 Book Out Currently:
The Black Prism(Lightbringer Series)
[*]Phoenix Rising (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences)
[*]Dracula
[*]Grimm Fairy Tales
[*]IT
[*]Salem's Lot
[*]Skeleton Crew

There are many other books i enjoy but i decided to keep a short list and only put books/series i've read in the last year or so
IssaKaz
IssaKaz
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokurules Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:09 am

IssaKaz wrote:
I'm horny wrote:The Inheritance Cycle (Haven't got the chance to read the last one.) < Which one? There are a few different Inheritance Cycles.
The Lord of the Rings.< Loved it
The Dragonlance series.< Haven't read it but its on my to read list....its a very very long list

As for individual books:

Elric, The Stealer of Souls.< Checked it out on Amazon seems like a good read...added to list
Dante's Inferno< havent read it in it entirety but its an interesting read
John's Revelations
OmgShane wrote:Currently I've enjoyed A Song of Fire and Ice series,< On book 4 and have loved them(book 4 is so-so at this point. Not as good as the others
The Dark Tower series, < Havent read but I like many of Kings books so ill check it out eventually
ah and I have started to read the Mistborn series, so far I have enjoyed it a ton.< Lol another series on my list

None Fantasy stuff I would have to say my favorite at the moment is any Kurt Vonnegut< Havent read any of his books

I also enjoy some Poe, my favorite work from him is The Pit and the Pendulum.<Same as Go ku(this name thing is pissing me off), dont read much poetry but enjoyed some of his short stories

Current Series I Have Enjoyed:
  • Iron Druid Chronicles
  • Kingmaker,Kingbreaker/Fisherman's Children
  • Cal Leandros Novels
  • The Night Angel Trilogy
  • The Black Knight Chronicles
  • Templar Chronicles
  • The Demon Trilogy
  • Sherlock Holmes Books

[*]Inheritance Cycle(Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and Inheritance)

Current Solo Books/Series With Only 1 Book Out Currently:
The Black Prism(Lightbringer Series)
[*]Phoenix Rising (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences)
[*]Dracula
[*]Grimm Fairy Tales
[*]IT
[*]Salem's Lot
[*]Skeleton Crew

There are many other books i enjoy but i decided to keep a short list and only put books/series i've read in the last year or so

I meant the one with the green cover from Paolini's books.

The Dragonlance series are very fun and easy to read but have like 20 books out and since they are mostly trilogies, you need to be careful which goes first.

Dante's Inferno is pure literary excellence.

I just finished The Left Hand of God. Pretty good, I will purchase the next one as well.
Currently reading something non-fantasy.
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by VICE Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:41 am

twilight series were pretty good.

and I'm currently reading the clash of kings, I have bought and read the game of thrones book.
VICE
VICE
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokurules Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:29 am

VICE wrote:twilight series were pretty good.

and I'm currently reading the clash of kings, I have bought and read the game of thrones book.

Oh you devious troll.
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by VICE Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:38 am

@Horny Male

no no I'm 80% serious.

it was meeeh, but if you're into naive romantic second-class story, then it's perfect.

and IMHO, I liked it. i read them all in like less than a week and when i was done i felt like: hmm, this wasn't so bad, I might even read it sometime again.(which will never happen,sadly)

i didn't even expect much to begin with, i mean it is TWILIGHT.

it's like reading bleach, once you have had a overdose of it you mind just goes blank and you won't even care if it's crap, you've got used to it already.

VICE
VICE
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokurules Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:11 am

I once opened the first to a random page.

I was all gooey and tried to put class into a pedophile and a hopeless idiotic girl and their so called ''love''.

So yeah, I am definitely not fond of them. Not very literary. Reason it got rejected 14 times from publication before someone decided to unleash the horror.

Sidenote: It was a woman.
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by OmgShane Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Hunger Games were great books, Battle Royale was better. But one series that is completely unknown is the Maze Runner series, which was better then both imho.

As for Mistborn being amazing, His 2nd series that hes doing which is The Stormlight Archive is even better then Mistborn, Good thing about it is that its going to be kinda like The Wheels of Time (great book series btw) were it runs to like 13 some odd books.

I'm also on the last Eragon book, its taking some time though because I've been so busy Sad

As for Steven King, Dark Tower Series is a super long one, and it ties into some of his other books like The Stand and Talisman(amazing)

I have also read every single Book with RA Salvatore dark elf Drizzt.
OmgShane
OmgShane
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokurules Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Drizzt Do'Urden is awesome.

I've read a comic version of the first three books I think.
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by OmgShane Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Going to Start Ender's Game soonish also.
OmgShane
OmgShane
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by IssaKaz Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:52 am

Going to visit my sister so i will finally be somewhere with a Half Price Books Store MeGusta

Going to try and buy a bunch of books from my to-read list.

One new book I have read and enjoyed was The Chosen by John Hartness. Very interesting book not great-great but worth the read.
IssaKaz
IssaKaz
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by OmgShane Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:48 am

Half Price Books Store MeGusta

We have 2 in town, I basically live there. I throw my money at them all the time, but I've been getting into PDF reading on the computer, its not as good as a book book, but it will do if I can't find the book I'm looking for.
OmgShane
OmgShane
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by IssaKaz Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:01 am

I live like 2.5 miles from the closest good one(well 2). There is one like an hour away but it sucks.
IssaKaz
IssaKaz
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by IssaKaz Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Ah i got so many good books. Got the first 2 Dragonlance Chronicles and some other goodies.
IssaKaz
IssaKaz
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokurules Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:19 am

IssaKaz wrote:Ah i got so many good books. Got the first 2 Dragonlance Chronicles and some other goodies.

I've got about 12 of those.
And there are even more out. They are very good and fun to read, but I don't have the time =/
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by IssaKaz Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:04 pm

lol i have terrible sleep habits so i have a lot of free "i should be sleeping" time.
IssaKaz
IssaKaz
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight1 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:20 pm

I've read all the Hunger Games and thought those were great I've also read all the books from the Inheritance Cycle and loved every one of those.

I have also read the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind=AMAZING great series of books I would suggest for anyone who enjoyed Eragon/Lord of the Rings etc.
Knight1
Knight1
Weak Player

Back to top Go down

Post by IssaKaz Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:57 am

I read the first book of the Hunger Games(as my free rental for kindle). It was ok but they seemed to zip through some of the parts that i think would have been more interesting. Might read the others eventually but i won't spend any money to read them.

Just started the Nightside series. Its weird but so far enjoyable. The author does use a lot of meaningless commas though and that kind of annoys me
IssaKaz
IssaKaz
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum