Mafia-Tactics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» CBT Nuggets Microsoft Office 2010 Outlook 77-884 [2013]
Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:16 am by zimregin

» Sooooooooo...
Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:03 am by Frozerow

» Mafia Round 57 - Fire Emblem
Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm by VICE

» General Mafia Discussion
Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:06 pm by Killerspong

» Spam Thread
Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:14 pm by OmgShane

» Akame ga Kill! Manga Review
Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:05 pm by OmgShane

» Vinland .
Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm by VICE

» Vagabond .
Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:36 pm by VICE

» Rate The Song Above You!
Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:53 am by IssaKaz

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games.

3 posters

Go down

Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. Empty Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games.

Post by OmgShane Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:45 am

Title. Also, don't look anything up, this is a topic for people old enough.

I remember waiting 6 years for a complete English patch of a game before, Oh and the SNES Star Ocean took for fing ever. So I was wondering why it takes these sub groups to translate and implement text into the game. It seems that there is two big reasons why it takes so long.

1. Not enough people to help out
2. The Staff won't let people help

Do you think translation groups need to stop being jerks, or are they in the right? Also.

I'm starting to wonder If I should just learn Japanese and how to read it, but I have no idea were to start.

Anyone have any tips.
OmgShane
OmgShane
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. Empty Re: Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games.

Post by Gokurules Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:00 am

It really should not be difficult to just change the script to english.

I mean, all you have to do is change the dialogues, menus and interfaces.
Which is why I find it odd when a game is released in Japanese exclusively.
Gokurules
Gokurules
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games. Empty Re: Topic. on how long it takes groups to sub Japanese games.

Post by Ninetailschr Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 am

OmgShane wrote:Title. Also, don't look anything up, this is a topic for people old enough.

I remember waiting 6 years for a complete English patch of a game before, Oh and the SNES Star Ocean took for fing ever. So I was wondering why it takes these sub groups to translate and implement text into the game. It seems that there is two big reasons why it takes so long.

1. Not enough people to help out
2. The Staff won't let people help

Do you think translation groups need to stop being jerks, or are they in the right? Also.

I'm starting to wonder If I should just learn Japanese and how to read it, but I have no idea were to start.

Anyone have any tips.
One of my friends in colleges used to do that all the time and put it in Chinese.

He used to change the language packs into chinese packs but you need to know what your doing or you will bug your game and render it unplayable.
Ninetailschr
Ninetailschr
Admin

https://mafia-tactics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OmgShane Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Gokurules wrote:It really should not be difficult to just change the script to english.

I mean, all you have to do is change the dialogues, menus and interfaces.
Which is why I find it odd when a game is released in Japanese exclusively.

See that's what I thought also, But nowadays its getting harder because things have hard coded text that would need to be translated sometimes, but I think that it just the translation groups being retarded. When you have a game with over 40 hours of text and you only have 1 translator and refuse to let anyone else help with translating, its just stupid. Apparently they just say its free so stop complaining, but when the rule of all translation groups is not to do something someone else is doing, and you take 2 years to only be done with a game 60% is to much. What is also messed up is that the sequel to the game came out this year, and now this translation group is saying they might or may not translate the game until they are done with the first one. So the other translation groups are holding back until then, which could be a year or more from now.

So pissed right now because I got invested into a story and now I may have to wait years, or maybe forever for it to actually be translated into English. I can see why people protested to get XenoGear games over here in the USA.
OmgShane
OmgShane
Good Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down